Tuesday, August 18, 2009

August 17, 2009


Listening to IZ - "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"
  • "And I think to myself...what a wonderful world. The colors of the rainbow, so pretty in the sky, are also on the faces of people passing by."
On people:
It's amazing to me how many cultures can understand the concepts of time, family, peace...rest - of the mind, body and soul...yet they know not the all-sufficient Savior.  How can we have the Savior, yet be so far from understanding these concepts?
  • "I see friends shaking hands, saying how do you do.  They're really saying, 'I love you'."
I thoroughly enjoy hugging people at church during the meet and greet portion (instead of merely shaking hands) and watching their faces light up.  There's nothing this earthly world could ever offer that is as great as watching someone realize they are accepted, welcome, invited.  Watch the smile lines on their faces...everyone's are different, just as beautiful as the one before, just as intriguing as the next...a mystery to me, yet so thoroughly known by One.

I often forget the creativity of God - how do I?  Yet on a daily basis, I forget to stop and remember, acknowledge, recognize.  All I need to do is glance across a room, look into a passing car, see people - and watch the lines of their faces. 

A challenge to myself this week to find 5 things a day to write down that are a manifestation, representation of the creative artistry of my Savior.  All that I miss on a daily basis...give me new eyes to see!

Day 1. - People with servant hearts.
I watch the barista behind the counter, the job I used to have...and again, I marvel at the heart God places in some people to serve others.  Not that this job is one she absolutely loves, nor one she wants to keep...yet in every moment throughout her day, the very movements of her feet, of her hands, the words uttered from her lips - are all in the name of service....and I wonder if she knows she's appreciated...and I hear God say - "Go and tell her. For I sustain her, though she may not know me.  I give her air to breathe, though she may never acknowledge me. I love her, though she may never receive me."

And you give us life...for You are the Answer.

1 comment: