Wednesday, September 9, 2009

He Calls Me By Name

Lizzy...I call you by name.
I sit and talk with a dear friend who has impacted my life so much for the LORD, so much towards Him, so much in Him.  Her encouragement always, "Ask Him."

As I reflect on the path my life has taken, I wonder at His awesome beauty. His joy that radiates. His love that fills to overflowing. He has spoken over this season of my life "restoration, redemption, reconciliation, re-growth, renewal."  He is healing me in ways I never thought possible.  In ways I never dreamed imaginable. In ways I never dared to hope.  

I met with my mentor tonight at Panera Bread before going to a class...  And He met me in ways I wasn't expecting.  But He does that normally doesn't He? He is so good to us...

I walked past a little boy at a table.  I waved and said hello to him as he peered out from behind his little round, wire rimmed glasses, a hap-hazard mischievous grin on his crumb covered face. He said hello back.  
I stood in line to order, and heard the pitter-patter of little feet. I looked down to see him standing there, still covered in silliness, but this time with a questioning glance directed at me.  
"Well hello again," I said, an uncontainable smile on my face.  
"Hi," he responded. "What's your name?"
"My name's Lauren."
"Oh...I like your name.  I have an aunt named Lauren."
"Reeeaallly?  Well what's your name?"
"My name's Cole."
"Oooo, I like your name too Cole!"

As he stood in front of me, posing his question, he held his hands together behind his back, head tilted to the side, curiosity spilling out of his every expression. His mischievous smile still in tact.  His dad came over and he turned to him to whisper, still smiling at me. As they walked back to their table, I waved goodbye, his grin broadened by his delight.

I turned back to my position in line, and I felt the Spirit flood me.  My eyes watered so fast i didn't have time to question God, only to receive what it was He had to reveal, to heal.  

"My perfect love casts out fear. I see the longing of your heart. I know you.  I know what you hide inside, behind your inner vows that come from a place of fear. You will not wound as you were wounded. There is nothing to fear. You were created to love."

And in a word, in a sentence, my vows fade away.  They dissipate, as if they never were.  The empty place where they once took up residence in my spirit, instantly filled with the promise of a hope great enough to dispel a fear that would kill.  "There is nothing to fear."

And so I rest in the promise of today.  In the hope of a God who heals and restores.  In the promise that if I will trust Him, acknowledge Him, let Him...He will walk with me.  

1 comment: